At The Vent, our motto is to always “Raise The Standard.” This applies towards continuing education, encouraging positive and coachable personalities, and creating relationships with local businesses and their owners. We are so lucky to live in such an environmentally aware community. We wanted to begin Raising the Standard within our business practices by focusing on contributing to the improvement of our community’s environment. We have decided to incorporate the standard green environmental policies within our facility, and become a Certified Green Business! Here are the following actions we are taking to convert adding more environmentally friendly standards within our everyday operations.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
We reduce our footprint by:
● Reducing waste by printing double sided, buying in bulk, and eliminating disposable products such as single
serve water bottles and Reusing equipment such as furniture, or donate usable items to charity
● Striving for Zero Waste by recycling all resources such as paper, plastics, cardboard, glass, and aluminum
AND composting all food and plant discards.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
● Printer paper, business cards, marketing materials, etc made from post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled
● Janitorial paper with post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled content (toilet paper, paper towels)
● Remanufactured or refillable toner cartridges
● Energy Star rated refrigerators, appliances and office equipment
● Water efficient toilets
We reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment. Specifically we:
● Only purchase low toxic janitorial cleaning products. Our gym, and all the pieces in the gym, are cleaned with
OxyPow products. OxyPow is a non-chlorine, natural cleaning agent, that eliminates odor and bacterial growth.
● Avoid purchasing toxic substances and any aerosol cans
● Lighting – Purchase LEDs, and/or low wattage halogen light bulbs and fixtures
● Dispose of hazardous materials safely
We conserve fossil fuels and other resources by:
● Using energy-conserving software programs and unplugging equipment
● Reusing and refusing packaging materials
● Emphasizing repurposing of items in lieu of purchasing new items
● A refillable water station
We are committed to upholding these standards, and more,by reducing our carbon footprint. We urge our members to be mindful of the products used in our facility so that together we can practice the principle of “ Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle”. We encourage you to adapt some of these changes into your own household in hope to minimize the future waste impact we have in our facility, your homes, and our community.
The Vent Staff
4013 E Main St, Ventura, California 93003, United States